Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: April 10, 2018
1. ABOUT THE SITE
The Services and Content provided by Vicenna HealthCloud mobile application are on behalf of the hospitals, clinics or other healthcare institutions (collectively called “Healthcare Providers”) that use the HealthCloud platform. The user has to be a registered patient with the hospital in order to use the services provided through this app.
The Services as well as the content provided on the HealthCloud mobile is provided by the Hospital with which the patient is registered.
“Content” means content, text, data, graphics, images, photographs, video, audio, information, suggestions, guidance, and other materials provided, made available or otherwise found through the Services and/or Site, including without limitation Content provided in direct response to your questions or postings.
WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, QUALITY OF WORK, PRICE OR COST INFORMATION, INSURANCE COVERAGE OR BENEFIT INFORMATION, OR OTHER CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH CONTENT. FURTHERMORE, WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND ANY INDIVIDUAL LISTED OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES.
2. ONLINE PAYMENTS
- Payment(s) through this Service may be made with a Credit card, Debit card, Mobile wallets, Net Banking or any other digital payments methods.
- Before using this Service, it is recommended that the customer shall make necessary enquiry about the charges or fees payable against the Credit/Debit card used from Credit Card or the Debit Card service provider i.e. the respective Bank.
- The credit card information supplied at the time of using the service is processed by the payment gateway of the service provider and is not supplied to VICENNA. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer of the service to ensure that the information entered in the relevant fields are correct. It is recommended that you take and retain a copy of the transaction for record-keeping purposes, which might assist in resolution of any disputes that may arise out or usage of the service
- The Customer agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card/net banking transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that VICENNA or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
- The service is provided using a payment gateway service provider through a secure website. However, neither the payment gateway service provider nor the VICENNA gives any assurance, that the information so provided online by a customer is secured or may be read or intercepted by a third party. VICENNA does not accept or assume any liability in the event of such unauthorized interception, hacking or other unauthorized access to information provided by a customer of the service.
- VICENNA and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the VICENNA and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service.
- The Customer agrees that VICENNA or any of its employees will not be held liable By the Customer for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond VICENNA’s reasonable control. Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details.
- The Customer agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the Customer shall not use a Debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The Customer further agrees and undertakes to Provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
- The Customer warrants agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card/bank details.
- The Customer is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit/debit card, bank account for such transactions.
- The Customer is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate.
- The Customer authorizes debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the Payment of fees selected by such Customers along with the applicable Fees.
- The Customer is responsible to ensure that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the Payment of the dues payable or fees dues selected by the Customer inclusive of the applicable Fee.
2.2 Cancellations/Rescheduling of Prepaid Appointments:
- Cancellation and Rescheduling policies are governed by the policies of the Healthcare provider tenant.
- Refund policies are governed by the policies of the Healthcare provider tenant.
- When the authorized user of the HealthCare provider approves the refund, we will initiate refund of customer’s advance payment. The advance amount may be refunded through IBFT or by reversing the processed transaction or into the patient’s VICENNA account / wallet.
- Typically, all refunds are processed within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date immediate refund is initiated at our end.
- Please note that VICENNA shall not be responsible for any delays in credit to the Cardholder’s credit card account/ accountholder’s bank account due to any reasons cited by the Payment Gateway or Cardholder’s issuing bank.
- You will be provided with a refund reference number for further communication with your bank.
- Under no circumstances, cash will be refunded.
3. VICENNA HEALTHCLOUD DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The Content that you obtain or receive from Vicenna HealthCloud, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the Services is for informational, scheduling and payment purposes only. All medically related Content or Services is directly from the HealthCare Provider.
THE CONTENT, WHETHER SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM VICENNA, IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL AND 1122. YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, NURSING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Healthcare Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the Services. If you rely on any Content provided through the Services, you do so solely at your own risk.
We have no control over and cannot guarantee the availability of any Healthcare Provider at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments, or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting or arising from or related to the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site and/or the Services; what content you access via the Site and/or the Services; what effects the content on the Site and/or the Services may have on you; how you may interpret or use the content on the Site and/or the Services; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the content on the Site and/or the Services. You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired content through the Site and/or the Services. The Site and/or the Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. We make no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site and/or the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site and/or the Services. We make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Site and/or the Services. WE PROVIDE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, VICENNA MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. VICENNA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, BUG-FREE OR FREE FROM DEFECTS, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
5. GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7.1 Electronic Contracting; Copyright Dispute
7.3 Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be deemed to have been entered into and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan as applied to contracts made and to be performed entirely within Pakistan.
7.4 Entire Agreement
The headings of the sections of this Agreement are for convenience only, do not form a part hereof, and in no way limit, define, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meaning, scope or intent of this Agreement or any terms or conditions therein.
We may assign this contract at any time, including without limitation to any parent, subsidiary, or any affiliated company, or as part of the sale to, merger with, or other transfer of our company to another entity. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense this Agreement to anyone else and any attempt to do so in violation of this section shall be null and void.